Apr 16, 2019
The Gut Loving Podcast is all about irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and the low FODMAP diet! The low FODMAP diet is a relatively new approach to effectively treat IBS symptoms and is scientifically backed by a vast number of medical studies.
About this podcast
The Gut Loving Podcast is hosted by Laura Tilt (an experienced Dietitian in the UK specialising in IBS and the low FODMAP diet) and Huelya Akyuez, who has been living with IBS for over 20 years.
Together, Laura and Huelya started The Gut Loving Podcast to help others with IBS get clear on the facts - and learn more about how to take control of their condition.
Remember: Don’t start the low FODMAP diet without consulting your doctor or low FODMAP specialised dietitian first. The content of our podcast is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Jo Coates - IBS, ANXIETY AND THE THINGS THAT BRING ME JOY:
-> Website, social media: jocoates.co.uk | instagram: @jocoatesy | twitter: @jocoatesy
-> Tales from the Toilet Newsletter: https://jocoates.co.uk/newsletter
INFO FROM PREVIOUS EPISODES:
- Jimmy Kimmel Live -> ‘Pedestrian Question - What is Gluten?’: https://goo.gl/A15Rth
- Study -> ‘Fructan, Rather Than Gluten, Induces Symptoms in Patients With Self-Reported Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity.’: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29102613
- Symprove (we love them and they have 9.1 stars out of 10 on Trustpilot!). Here is the discount code: Get 25% off their 4 pack bundle with typing in code Sym-Supporter25-LT at the checkout on their website www.symprove.com. If it is easier for you, you can call them on +44 1252 413600 or email them firstname.lastname@example.org, also in any case of questions on shipment etc!
- The Happy Gut Guide (HGG): Laura Tilt and Madeleine Shaw, an informative and supportive 12 week self-care programme for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) - http://happygutguide.co.uk
- The Mac Twins: https://thegutstuff.com
- Study summary: COULD EATING 30 PLANT FOODS A WEEK = A HEALTHY GUT MICROBIOME? - http://www.tiltnutrition.com/blog/could-eating-30-plant-foods-a-week-a-healthy-gut-microbiome/
- Book: Lee Martin MSc RD 'Re-challenging and Reintroducing FODMAPS: A self-help guide to the entire reintroduction phase of the low FODMAP diet' - https://goo.gl/UQwj3K
- Huelya’s low FODMAP savoury muffins and meatballs. RECIPE HERE: https://goo.gl/UFgzey / instagram video recipe: https://goo.gl/BFC3Ni | Huelya's meatballs - https://goo.gl/kbzndM LET US KNOW IF YOU WANT MORE RECIPES! :D
- Check the fibre content of your diet by keeping a food diary (website and app): https://www.myfitnesspal.com/
- Spotting a high fibre food: http://labellingtraining.food.gov.uk/module3/overview_3.html -> ‘“ high fibre' = A food is high in fibre if it contains at least 6g of fibre per 100g.
- Read more about why we need fibre here: http://www.symprove.com/blog/single/laura-tilt-fibre
- Laura’s tips on how to get enough fibre on a low FODMAP diet: https://goo.gl/ZwKgqK
- Guidelines for fluid intake: As a rough guide, 35 ml per kilogram of body weight for adults under 60 years of age. Please note hydration needs vary according to temperature and activity levels too. If you are increasing your fibre intake, remember to increase your water intake too.
- First line IBS advice (overview): goo.gl/LS9xCk
- Bristol stool chart link: goo.gl/2ZPgyT
- Symptom evaluation as produced by Department of Nutrition and Dietetics Guy's and St Thomas' NHS London: https://goo.gl/zbMRMn
Contact us: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Tilt (MSc, Dietitian RD)
YouTube: Laura Tilt
Huelya Akyuez (‘sezamee - my gut loving food journey’)
YouTube: sezamee - gut loving food (or simply 'sezamee')